HI FRIENDS

If you want to know who I am, I'll tell u.... I am the most interesting man alive... I would not be afraid to show my feminine side ( IF I HAD ONE)... My mother has a tattoo that says "son".... and I get to touch the art at the museum... I AM MR POTENTIAL

About Me

My photo
Well my name is Berisford Codd and I'm an 18 year old student at SJCJC. I'm about to graduate in a couple of weeks and be of to wherever life takes me... I am a fun loving and easy going person who is wise beyond his years.. don't get me wrong now, i still enjoy the partying, drinking, sports, and all the other stuff most guys my age are into... but also i am passionate about key issues in my country like politics and the economy... I feel i have worlds of potential to become somebody great, hence the name of my blog Mr. Potential Speaks lol

Followers

Brothers

Brothers
Me and my lil bro lookin hard

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Team Belizean Heritage is Exonerated!!!

Sports in Belize has always been of limited importance to our government throughout our short history as an independent nation. Our glory days as a sports country came way back in the 60's and 70's when we were still under the control of our imperial masters. How we came to this point is difficult to understand, as we probably had some the best softball, football, and cycling athletes pre-indenpendence Belize. Cycling has gotten so bad in Belize that the mindset of our cyclists are to ride for foreigners than their own Belizean riders!!!


Succcess in sports comes less than a blue moon for Belize, but recently it has made a turn for the better. Sure the cyclists have not one a major race in ages and the football teams not come close to playing a competitive match, but lets take a look at the brighter side of things. For one, our special athletes have been dominant at all events that they have been a part of. Our U-12 and U-15 athletes were more than up to par in the recent basketball tournament held at Guatemela. But all that is trumped by a victory that we got off the basketball court and in the real court....


It was announced earlier in this week that Team Belizean Heritage, who had their silver medals at the COCABA games and trip to the next round of Olympic Qualifiers taken away, won their appeal against the ruling of FIBA. The ruling was in favor of Belize, as our constitution states that a person becomes a Belizean at birth if his/her parents are Belizeans. No where in our constitution states that a person must file for nationality before the age of sixteen. The sports fans of Belize are overjoyed at this moment, as our team seems to be very competitive and should make a good showing in the upcoming tournament in July.


Special thanks must be given out to Mr. Godfrey Smith, who lead the appeal for our country. It was through him and the good work of others who supported the cause that allowed for Team Belizean Heritage to officially become Team Belize here on out!!!.... LONG LIVE BELIZE....

No comments:

Post a Comment